Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quick update before bed

We are home!  We got home around 6:15 this evening, Nancy and Jim are here, and we ordered chinese.  It is nice to be home.  

A little bit about our day.....  We were assigned a social worker who will be with us through out this entire journey.  She talked about going to the schools with us when James Thomas starts Kindergarten, fighting insurance companies with us, being a go to person if we have concerns with our doctors or nurses, and just a person to listen.  I was sitting there listening to her talk and thinking to myself, "This can't be real.  Are we really going to need her through out this journey?  How bad is this going to be for James Thomas and our family?"  I just have to say it, this is scary, very scary!  I don't think I have been realistic with myself and reality is coming whether I like it or not.  

We were also assigned a doctor.  Like in my earlier post I really hope she is a good fit.  I pray she learns everything she can about his potential condition, and works hard to help us fight this.  We will meet her on Tuesday.  

We also got a tour of the clinic.  It was sad.  That is all there is to say about it.  We saw lots of kids receiving chemo and blood transfusions.  We will be spending  a lot of time here.  Our first appointment is Friday.  They said we will be going twice a week for awhile until we learn more about James Thomas' condition.  

I am not trying to be a downer, I promise.  I think being home I want everything to be better and it's not.  Nancy and I bathed James Thomas tonight and I had to wrap his entire arm in press and seal wrap.  The pic line is a visible reminder that my baby boy is sick.  It is hard to see your precious baby and know he is sick.

I am off to bed.  Nancy has offered to feed him if he wakes up during the night so hopefully I can clear my head.  

We are so thankful for all your love and support.  We could not have survived the past 7 days with out each of you.  Just knowing people were following our blog and praying for James Thomas was comforting.  Texas Children's Hospital is an amazing place.  I will pray you never walk those halls with your child as a patient but if you do God has lots of angels at work there.  They are doing wonderful work and saving lives.

Love to you all,
Lindsay

PS Tomorrow we are going to do something fun with James Thomas and I will be able to post a happy entry then, maybe some pictures at the pumpkin patch!!!!     



8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are home. I can't imagine what you are going through but keep clinging to God's word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you guys are home. What a blessing that they KNOW the issue and James Thomas will be alright! He has some sweet angels watching over him. Walt and I would love to stop by after everythingi dies down.
    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet friend..... i love your authenticity!! you are real; you are SO REAL, and i love that about you! i've loved that from the minute i met you...literally!! of course you want everything to be better now that your back on rincon drive.... Praise God for all of the fabulous people that love you so much in your life & the professionals you'll be working with.... God's on the THRONE!!! love you guys...praying for you..... have so much fun at the pumpkin patch!! I thank our God for you, my sweet friend!!
    "Let the nations be glad and sing for joy...let the people praise You. The earth has yielded it's produce; God, Our GOD, blesses us. God blesses us, "That all the ends of the earth may fear Him....~ Pslam 67:4-7

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day at a time. Ps 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you so much sweet Lindsay!!!! Know that we are praying and are thankful that you are in the same city as a great hospital like Texas Children's! Love love love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you guys have lots of fun with James Thomas today! I know that there are going to be lots of ups and downs right now as all of you adjust to this new journey. Just remember that God is in control and He is holding all of you in His hands. It's so hard to understand why God allows these things to happen to people, especially children. What I do know is that He has great plans for James Thomas and your family. Please know that we are praying for y'all everyday and we are here if you need anything.

    P.S. If you haven't heard this song already you should listen to Kari Jobe's "You Are For Me". It's an awesome song and brings me comfort when I need it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay & James - Renee gave me a link to your blog and told me about your little boy (who could not be any cuter, by the way). I am touched by your experience and praying for you guys!! - Amber St. Amant Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lindsay & James-

    Just saw the cute button on Skelton's site for your precious baby boy. You are two of the strongest and most amazing people I have ever met. Thanks for sharing your journey. We are praying for James Thomas and his sweet parents.

    Much Love,
    Catherine Cutbirth Powers

    ReplyDelete