Friday, October 16, 2009

Hemoglobin score of 4.8

The nurse just came in and told us that after two blood transfusions James Thomas' hemoglobin level is at 4.8.  We are so thankful they are going up but he really needs to be at an 8.0 before they will do the bone marrow biopsy.  I learned this morning that the levels must be high because they are afraid to put him under anesthesia when his body is not getting enough oxygen from his blood.  Another concern is that they don't do these biopsies on the weekends so if he doesn't get it today he can't have it until Monday.  After the biopsy is done it takes one to two weeks to get any results so we will get to come home!!!!!  We would like to get the ball moving so please pray that his next transfusion will shoot up his levels.  

He is amazing and so brave.  He has cried only a few times.  They let us dip his pacifier in sugar water and let me tell you, James Thomas LOVES it!!  Right now I have him propped on his boppy watching his favorite baby einstein video.  I on the other hand have been crying off and on since we have been here.  PLEASE PLEASE pray for God to give me the strength to not wear all my emotions on my sleeve.  I want to be happy and smile for my baby boy.  He is probably thinking, "Who is this red eyed, blotchy faced woman?????"  I don't want to be like that for him.  

We are on the 9th floor and it is the hematology/oncology department.  Let me tell you it is so nice.  However, the niceness of it makes me sad (silly I know).  The rooms are set up for kids who are here awhile which is scary.  There is a beautiful family room but get this it is the Ronald McDonald House sponsored room.  I broke into tears when I read that.  How am I at the hospital with my 4 month old son getting water from a Ronald McDonald sponsored area????  This is what I am talking about, pray for peace please!!!  I am thankful for all the wonderful organizations out there because let me tell you it is nice!

O.k. I better close.  We will keep you posted on what is to come later today.  I promise this will soon be the HAPPY blog and not a sad one!  I do believe in that.  

Love you all,
Linday

PS I got a great text that quoted scripture, "  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go!"   

PSS  The doctor just walked in and we are not doing the test till Monday.  He will probably need 6-8 more transfusions over the course of the weekend before his levels are high enough.  We will be here through at least Tuesday of next week.

5 comments:

  1. The video in the last post is great! You guys sure are holding up well! I know this will be a long and wearing weekend. I'm thinking about you all the time and praying for your sweet little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lindsay, I'm praying for you! Lifting you up, sweet friend! The Lord knows. He hears. He is with you.
    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33
    Praying peace for you! Praying strength for you! Praying comfort for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay, my heart is breaking for you and I can't imagine what you are going through. Please know that I am praying for peace and strength for you and your sweet little boy! Love you and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know that we are on our knees praying with you and for you. Praying for James Thomas restoration, health, and vitality. Praying for your peace and strength. God is with you. He will never leave you nor foresake you. His compassions never fail they are new every morning.
    Your friends on the journey, Kim & Byron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsay, I am so sorry for what you're going through right now. Please know that we're praying for you, James and James Thomas. I pray that God gives you and James the strength you need to endure this and that you are able to find some peace and comfort in knowing that He is in control. I pray that James Thomas continues to be a strong, brave little boy and that God heals him soon. PLEASE let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

    Love you guys! Chris & Courtney

    ReplyDelete