Friday, October 23, 2009

No transfusions today!!!








We are very excited to report that we did not have to get a blood transfusion today.  James Thomas' hemoglobin was a 9.6.  This is wonderful news and let's us know his body is holding on to the blood.  His labs did show that he isn't making new red blood cells but today we are happy about the 9.6.  We can worry about that tomorrow.  The clinic is going to be very interesting.  We were there from 9:15-12:15 and we just drew blood.  Who knows how long we will be there when we meet with the doctor Tuesday?????  Again, I am just thankful that I am able to put 100% of my time towards James Thomas' medical needs and am not worrying about a job too.  We did meet a family today that has a 3 1/2 week old girl.  They were finding out whether she has Leukemia or down syndrome.  Pray pray pray for all these families.  It is heart breaking.

We got the camera adapter so I am going to post some pictures from our departure at TCH and our first night home.  The picture with the doctor was our resident while at TCH.  He was awesome!  He said all the other residents were jealous of him because they wanted James Thomas as their patient.  We love him for walking us through this scary time.  

The song, "While I'm Waiting" came on KSBJ today as we drove to the med center.  It really signifies how James and I feel right now.  We have been getting lots of information from lots of people and some of it can really be breath taking.  Please pray that we continue to serve and worship while we wait.  We are really anxious to speak with James Thomas' doctor.


"While I'm Waiting"  by John Waller
I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not faint
I’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord


What ever you are "waiting" on I pray you too will serve and worship the Lord while you wait. Have a wonderful weekend and to all our Baylor friends, we will miss you at Homecoming!  I have posted one picture of James Thomas in his Baylor gear.  He loves the Bears!  This picture was taken the Saturday before we went to the hospital.  We will be there next year, you can count on that.  Sic em Bears!  

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I thought about you all day and I, too, am glad that you are able to devote your time to James Thomas instead of having to worry about teaching school. We will keep praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 9.6! I was praying for you guys today. I LOVE that song too. I have it on my ipod and it has become our infertility theme song! Hope y'all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lindsay,
    Who would have imagined I would catch up with you like this. Please know that we are praying for you and your amazing family and will continue to do so each and every day. James Thomas will be a name my kids know and know to pray for during our prayer time. Remember that God has a amazing plan and as we walk the road He has for us, we may not like it, but it is His and through it, His glory will be known. On our knee in Kansas for you and your loved ones.
    Blessings
    Michele (Caffey) Zimmerman

    ReplyDelete