Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Update



I haven't written on the blog as frequently as I would like but I am actually still awake tonight at 10:45 so I thought I would update before I go to bed.

First of all I need to say another thank you to all my wonderful friends and family out there.  You have all 
been so amazing with your love and support.  Before I went to New York I received the sweetest gift from some of my closest friends to the spa.  I am going to get some serious pampering if I can get away from the house for an afternoon.  I have gotten prayer blankets, shawls, teddy bears, books, oils, etc.  Each one is so special and a reminder of God's love.  Last night I got home from the clinic and on my stove was dinner from Melissa and Greg and tonight my doorbell rang and one of my old students was outside with his mom dinner in hand.  I am getting emails about blood donors which we still need and humbled and blown away is how I feel.  The thank you notes are coming but for now know I am so grateful.  

We are having some difficulty at Texas Children's right now and I am very frustrated.  We are still disagreeing on treatment and James Thomas' levels.  I called them yesterday because James and I knew something was wrong with James Thomas and sure enough is hemoglobin was at 6.9 (it is not supposed to get below 8.0 and remember all of ours is probably 13 something).  I am just devastated because I feel like we live in one of the best medical communities and are going to a world renown hospital but for some reason we are not getting excellent care.  James Thomas and I have a doctor's appointment every day next week, one with another doctor at Texas Children's to discuss our concern, so pray we get everything resolved.  After being at the clinic for 8.5 hours and away from home for almost 10 I was really down yesterday.  Every once in a while the reality of having a sick child slaps you in the face.  Yesterday was hard, but today was a GREAT day and James Thomas feels so good.  We stayed in our pjs until 11:00!  Melissa and I loaded the kids up in one car, ran some errands, and had lunch out.  It was nice!   

James is loving his new job and everything is great there!  V&E gave James Thomas a onesie when he was born and I took some pictures of him in it today.  He is so proud of his daddy!!!

I hope you are all enjoying this wonderful time of year.  I have my house partly decorated and hopefully it will be complete by this weekend.  I absolutely love Christmas and everything that goes along with it.  This will be the best Christmas yet!  I am so excited.

I better close and get some rest.  Thank you again for all the love and support and letting me use this blog as therapy.  God bless you all!

3 comments:

  1. Linds! Just wanted to say hello and we are out here praying for you, along with throngs of other folks. Thanks for updating. I know it is hard to find the time or the energy but it is an awesome way to share your faith, grow faith in others as they watch you handle what they think they couldn't, and for us to know how to boldly petition the Lord for James Thomas and all of you. Love and hugs to you sweet friend! Susan Dunaway

    PS - Laura Hotze is in my playgroup! We just made the KKG connection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay. I don't know if you guys will remember me, its been a WHILE but this is Ashley (Walker) Krieg. I am so behind- I didn't even know you and James were married or if I did I forgot! I do know that you two are PRECIOUS sweet people and I'm so sorry that you guys are having to walk through this right now. I just happened across your blog this afternoon and I've been reading and trying to catch up on you guys. James Thomas is a beautiful little man and I will be praying for him and you guys. I know you are just worn out but hang in there- HE will provide peace and rest. (eventually, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the updates and am still praying! I have 2 good friend that works at V&E...Gabi Sitomer and Ted Bosquez. Does your hubby know them?

    ReplyDelete