Friday, December 4, 2009

5 years....









That is how long I have been married to my amazing husband. I know a lot of people say marriage is hard but I have been blessed because it has been so easy for us and I do not take this for granted! Spending every day with the person who knows you inside and out is a dream come true. There is no one else I can imagine spending my life with. I am so thankful for James. He brings me so much joy! Because we fell in love we were able to bring the most beautiful, little boy into this world. Did we have any idea that we would have a "sick" child 5 years ago? You hear how hard these children can be on a marriage and family. I am not naive and think our new journey is going to be a cake walk but I am so thankful James is the one by my side through it all. We have always trusted in God's plan for our life. I can sleep at night knowing that no matter what is to come James will be there with me to face it. We will walk this journey hand in hand. So, who knows what life will bring the next five years but I do know I will enjoy the adventure! I love you James and thank you for asking me to marry you! I pray you never second guess that decision!

On another note, James Thomas is six months old today! I can't believe our little boy is 6 months. The time has flown by and we thank God for blessing us with such a special boy. What a memorable day for our family. On my five year anniversary and James Thomas' six month birthday we are getting snow!!!! James Thomas' first snow. SPECIAL SPECIAL SPECIAL

So here are some pictures from James and my wedding day, James Thomas' birth, and our little guy in the snow!

Hope you all have a wonderful winter weekend!




3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Five years is an awesome accomplishment and you can definitely see that God is a part of your marriage. As I was driving home today, I was actually thinking to myself that your anniversary was coming up soon this month but I couldn't remember the exact date. I can't believe that I just logged into blogger and here is your blog talking about your 5 year anniversary today! So strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love the snow pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay & James, Congratulations on your anniversary! Just wanted to let you both know that you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. My husband and I have been married for 46 years. I knew from the very beginning that he was who the Lord had for me to spend my life with. You just know it in your heart, and I can tell that is how you and James feel. No, marriage isn't easy, but the good times will always be there for you when the Lord is in your life. God has blessed you with the most beautiful little boy. We have an awesome God who still performs miracles every day. But, you know that. The Thanksgiving and snow pictures are just adorable. I check in on you every couple of days on your blog to see how you are doing and see new pictures. Keep the pictures coming! Love in Christ, Carol Moon (Jim's secretary in Nacogdoches).

    ReplyDelete