Tuesday, December 8, 2009

BIG APPOINTMENT

Quick prayer request before bed. Tomorrow at 3:00 I have an appointment with our social worker and another doctor at TCH. James and I are concerned about James Thomas' care right now and course of treatments for the future. We are meeting to discuss these concerns. As of now James is not going to be able to come so my dad is coming into town. We really appreciate my dad driving in for the day but I really hope James can make it too. I absolutely hate confrontation but I know we have to do this. Our only other option is to drive to Dallas for treatment at the Diamond Blackfan Resource Center. This would be very difficult for me so hopefully we can work everything out tomorrow. Please pray for open minds and caring hearts tomorrow. I also ask for peace for James and I. It is really scary when you doubt your doctor and treatment. I hate that feeling. We do know with Go all things are possible. I was reminded of that tonight when I received these words on a beautiful James Avery charm.

Besides that we are all doing well. We met with a genetisist on Monday, tomorrow we have labs and this appointment, and Thursday James Thomas gets his 6 month vaccines. Sometimes I feel like we live at the doctor. He is having a great week. Getting the blood transfusion last week really helped. It is amazing to see the difference.

Thank you for all your love and support. I have a list of emails I am responding to so please don't think I am ignoring you if I haven't gotten back to you yet. I will get back to everyone, I promise.


2 comments:

  1. Praying the day goes well and you make some decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay- You are all prayed for daily. James Thomas is precious.

    ReplyDelete