Monday, January 4, 2010

Big week

We are finally home and finished with Christmas. We had a wonderful time visiting the Elder, Garrett, and Walston families. We were once again showered with lots of gifts and love. James and I had an awesome time ringing in the New Year with the Heersinks and Hoyts as well as visiting lots of friends in Dallas. But, now we are back and gearing up for another big medical week. Today James and I had an appointment that was very informative. Tomorrow James Thomas goes in for labs and a transfusion and we will also get information about his surgery on Thursday. Tomorrow will be our first experience of receiving a transfusion without the pic line. This means they will have to put in an IV which has not been easy in the past. In the hospital they blew two veins before they got one to work. James Thomas screams like crazy and it is not a fun experience for me. I keep reminding myself that he will not remember any of it!!!! On Thursday James Thomas is going into surgery to have a port a cath put in his chest. This is a type of central line that will hopefully not get infected. The port is completely under the skin and has to be accessed when used. This protects it from getting an infection like we got from the pic. However it is a bigger ordeal to put in place. I am so nervous about it for some reason so I ask for your prayers this week. I know he will be fine but the thought of him being put completely under and have his chest cut open makes me so sad. I know it will make future transfusions so much easier.

I have had a few DBA moms contact me which has been awesome! The more I can learn from them the better. However it also opens my eyes to what is going on out there. I ask you to pray for a little girl named Chloe. She had complications with her Bone marrow transplant and is suffering from terminal liver failure. Please keep her family in your prayers as they are asking God for a miracle. I can't imagine what they are going through. If you want to check out their site go to

www.caringbridge.org/visit/chloemurphy

4 comments:

  1. hi my sweet friend. we'll be praying for you guys today & thursday. let's try to talk before thursday. i know we've both had a lot going on over the past few weeks. love you oodles & love that little boy! blessings & prayers to you guys!! keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending up lots of prayers for you guys this week! I hope that everything goes really well today and Thursday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're praying over here at the Chambers' household! Let's talk soon and get together when this week is over and all is calm again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parying for you sweet friend...I glad you got to enjoy the holidays and a break away from the hospital!

    ReplyDelete