Friday, January 22, 2010

Ready for the weekend

We have had a great week!  No doctor appointments, no scares, just a calm uneventful week in January.  WHAT A BLESSING!!!

Earlier this week Melissa and I watched Elizabeth Cole while Julie had some things to do.  Nancy got me a double stroller when I was pregnant to use for Luke and James Thomas and to have down the road when our family grows .  Well, we got to use it for the first time with Elizabeth and James Thomas.  The weather was beautiful so Melissa and I took all three kids on an hour walk.  It was great!  My dad stopped by the house for a few minutes on Thursday and got to see James Thomas rolling back and forth and trying so hard to army crawl.  I can't believe how fast these little guys grow up.  I think my dad was very impressed.

I have gotten plugged in with some other Diamond Blackfan Anemia moms.  I have read their blogs and followed them on facebook.   Many of them have done blood drives.  It is a great way to collect blood for the American Red Cross and bring awareness to Diamond Blackfan Anemia.  James and I are going to have to try and put one on this summer in honor of James Thomas.  So keep an eye out for more information about that in a few months.  There is also a camp for families every other summer in Maine.  Hopefully, we can make it this summer and meet some of these great people. 

SPEAKING of blood:  James Thomas goes in Tuesday for another transfusion.  Since November he has been able to receive blood specifically donated for him.  We are so thankful for these individuals who are faithfully donating.  Each time they give blood they are saving James Thomas' life.  What an awesome gift!  This will be the first time we access his new port so pray that goes smoothly.  We meet with the Bone Marrow Team at Texas Children's in two weeks, they are going to get our HLA types and give us information on this risky procedure.  The more I read about bone marrow transplants, the thought of James Thomas having to endure one scares me.  We are preparing for this to happen but at the same time praying for another way to cure our precious boy!  That is all on the medical front.   

I am excited for the weekend!  We were so spoiled when James finished up the Bar stuff and didn't start work because he was home all the time.  So, I get real excited for the weekends when we are all together as a family.  Enjoy yours!!! 









3 comments:

  1. So glad y'all had a great week! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather was outstanding! We played outside a lot! I hope we can see you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week! I am so glad I stumbled across your blog and was able to talk to James and forward him my friend's name at TCH. You guys call her if you EVER need anything. Seriously. Your little one is precious and I can't wait to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete