Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Great week

We are having a great week!  We had our post surgery appointment yesterday at TCH and it went great!  We met with our new hematologist again and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE her.  She is answered prayer.  James Thomas is not having any sourness from his port and the incision is healing up beautifully.  Hopefully we won't have to use it for another week and a half, that is when he is scheduled for his next transfusion.  Medically things look awesome this week!  We are very thankful. 

James Thomas is a perfect seven month old baby.  I can't believe how fast they grow.  He is sitting up perfectly and eating lots of baby food.  He loves bath time and is smiling nonstop.  He truly brings me such joy.  He is having a little trouble sleeping at night.  I don't know if it is the teething or getting to sleep with me when in the hospital because he wakes up several times a night.  When we put him in the bed with us, he is great, but this is not a habit we want to start.  It is so hard for me to let him scream and cry and not run into his room.  James says we will start that this weekend.  I know it is a must because I am starting to get really tired.  Who knows if I will ever sleep again!!!  

Hopefully things stay very calm and dull around here.   

2 comments:

  1. That is all wonderful news...expect for the not sleeping thing - that is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to hear your visit went so well this week and that you are still loving your hematologist. That is such a praise. Good luck with the sleeping...you and James will find a good new routine for your little guy:).

    ReplyDelete