Tuesday, November 24, 2009

NEW YORK CITY

I apologize for the delay in posts. We have had a busy couple of days getting ready for our trip to New York and trying to find out everything we need for our blood donors. Thank you to everyone who offered and we are thankful for your generous gift. My Houston donors, we will be getting you all the information next week.

We are in New York meeting with Dr. Vllachos and I LOVE her. I would do anything to bring her to Houston with us. She and her team spent four hours with us yesterday. We talked and talked about EVERYTHING! I learned so much about DBA yesterday and the road we are traveling. Some of the news was very encouraging while other parts were heart breaking. I will post more information when we return later in the week. Today we are doing a lot of blood draws, even my parents have to give blood (I don't think they realized that when the offered to come with me, haha). They are so thorough and detailed, it is AWESOME!

Back tracking.....James Thomas did fantastic on the plane. I was very nervous about the flying but in the end it went perfect. We are hoping and praying for the same results Wednesday. We are actually staying at the Ronald McDonald House across the street from the hospital. Here is a link if you want to check it out. http://rmhlongisland.org/ It is very nice and the people are friendly but it is a very strange feeling to be here. Sometimes it seems like we are dreaming.

I have to go get ready for our day at the hospital. I will update more and attach some pictures soon. I forgot the adapter at home but I have gotten some great shots! Hopefully we will try to make it into the city late this afternoon! Love you all and thanks again for being apart of our journey.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that y'all are getting a chance to meet these doctors. We're praying that everything continues to go well with your trip and for safe travels back home this week. Love you guys and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had the chance to meet with the doctor in NY. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. come.home.

    just kidding...so glad you love the doc. we are going with ya'll next year! it will be tradition! might as well make the best of what we have been dealt! love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete