Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy 5 Months James Thomas

Today is James Thomas' 5 month birthday.  A LOT has happened in the past five months.  Even with the stress and sadness it has been the best five months of my life.  James Thomas is a true blessing and we can't imagine our lives without him.  He has grown so much and continues to develop and get bigger every day.  TIME FLIES  Speaking of birthdays:  Happy Birthday to our friend Courtney, she and I are 5 days apart.  We are praying for her as she and Chris try to expand their family.

Today was a great day because James Thomas did not need a blood transfusion.  We are so happy and proud of his little body.  When we got there they immediately called for his blood and was setting us up for a transfusion.  I asked them if we could check his levels before the transfusion and sure enough.....8.4 was his hemoglobin.   This is below the normal range but they don't transfuse until they get below 8.0.  The nurses were so excited for him.  It has been two weeks since his last transfusion.  PRAYER is working!!!  I think babies usually have to be transfused more frequently but not James Thomas.  We aren't scheduled to go back until next Wednesday.  He will for sure need one then but three weeks is AWESOME!  If he can keep this up we may be able to convince our doctor to delay steroids.  I can't tell you how excited we are.  GOD IS SO GOOD! 

I met some families today in the transfusion / chemo room.  Caroline is an eleven year old girl with AML (acute mylogenous leukemia) who was receiving chemo today.  I talked to her mom for two hours while we were all waiting.  SHE WAS INCREDIBLE!  Her faith and strength for her daughter was awesome and it is great to have a friend up there.  She is a teacher in cypress fairbanks and being the small world it is, she knew one of my sorority sisters' mom (Mrs. Schmidt) and taught with another sorority sister (Ashleigh).  I look forward to seeing her again next Wednesday.  Caroline receives chemo five days a week for five weeks and then gets a two week break to just repeat this again and again.  Even with all this going on Caroline has the biggest smile and is a light in the room.  I ask that you all say a little prayer for her tonight because she is fighting a hard fight.

James has had a great three days of work and I am doing wonderfully.  I had lunch yesterday with sweet Natalie McCulloch and today Melissa and I did a little shopping in the Galleria.  Tomorrow I am heading up to Bush Elementary to see some missed friends.  We miss James tremendously but it was time for us to join the real world!  

This scripture was so true in my life today, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." 
Psalm 15:13

Love to you all,    

6 comments:

  1. Smaller world...my mom was the principal at that school (Sharon Barnes) - that's how I met Sarah & one of the reasons I pledged Kappa.

    So glad he is doing well & praising God for the good days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5 months! You've been a busy boy. I hope you and your momma just enjoy the next week playing and adapting to days without daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a small world! WOW.

    Happy 5 months to James Thomas! What a praise, no transfusions! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the birthday shout-out, you are too sweet! I am so excited for you guys that James Thomas did not have to get a transfusion yesterday! God is definitely answering our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So crazy that you met Mrs. Fitzgerald and Caroline, please tell them next time you see them we said Hello and are praying for them. She is a wonderful lady!! Also happy 5 months to James Thomas! Love you guys!

    On a side note, James Thomas is going to be invited to Gage's first bday in Houston and my mom is having something monogrammed for a party favor. Is it ok to put JT because James Thomas won't fit? Let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!!! We are praising God with you!
    with our daily prayers and dearest love,
    Kathy and Bud Wright

    ReplyDelete