Monday, May 3, 2010

Great weekend












We just got off another great weekend! We started it off with an unexpected blood transfusion. James Thomas was scheduled to get blood tomorrow but I had been noticing that he was getting pale again. He was also sleeping a lot. Every day last week he took several long naps. In fact one day he had two naps by noon. Well, Friday morning he had a low fever so I called and they told us to come on in. Moms most always know because sure enough, his hemoglobin was 7.6. We try not to ever let him drop below 8.o and we transfuse once he gets to 8.5 so I am very glad we went in. Daddy was able to join us later that afternoon and provide some entertainment. It is getting harder to get through the transfusions but we made it through #14!

Nancy came into town on Saturday to watch James Thomas for us. I feel bad because we hardly saw her at all. James and I were very busy but we appreciated her help. James Thomas has a lot of fun playing with his Grandma! I was able to see a lot of old friends from Baylor this weekend. I went to Sarah's baby shower and to Elizabeth's wedding shower! I am very excited for both of them, CONGRATULATIONS! On Sunday I got to go to Sunday School and Church! It is hard to do both because James Thomas usually has a melt down in the nursery. So, yesterday was awesome! Our Sunday School class had a baby sprinkle for Denise and Eric as they prepare to welcome Hunter! James and I also went over to the Gips house Sunday afternoon. They had James Gips in late March and I had not met him yet. He is absolutely adorable and we are very happy for our great friends. At the Gips house we got to visit with some of our besties from law school. Now that they have graduated and are working we don't see them as much as we use to. It was great to catch up!

The get togethers haven't let up! This morning Melissa and I met Ashleigh for lunch at the park. It was great to catch up and take pictures of the boys. Gage is a cutie and the this summer when they come back, the boys might be old enough to actually play a little bit! Tomorrow James Thomas and I are having lunch with more friends. We are staying busy!

Everything else here is good. We don't go back to clinic until next Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Goodness, what a fun (but busy) weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of the boys! It was so good to see you, two times this weekend! Give that little muffin a kiss for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! Is that a Kelly Kids outfit? :) I loved seeing you this weekend...hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVED seeing your this weekend! We need to spend time together more often! Love yOu!

    ReplyDelete