Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Histeroscopy and follicles

Today was my first procedure on the PGD journey and it went great. I have had blood drawn twice but never anything else. Dr. H was fabulous and it was not a big deal at all. We got really good news! Dr. H said my uterus looked good but that my ovaries were fabulous! I had 26 follicles. He said anything above 20 is awesome. We are really excited because these follicles are what can turn into eggs which could become embryos. We assume James and I do not have any fertility problems but this is an area that could cause a problem for the PGD even if you don't have fertility problems. The more embryos we have, the more HLA matches for James Thomas! I feel like we are learning so much every day.

We now have to wait for our probe to be made by Genesis. We talked to our genetic counselor today and they have everyone's DNA sample but still need our consult with Dr. Hughes which is not scheduled yet. Everything seems to be going smoothly so far. We are thankful and don't take one little success for granted.

Melissa was going to watch James Thomas today but Luke has been very sick. We hope he feels better soon. Mandi and Avery stepped in and watched him while I was gone. James Thomas had a blast and I feel blessed to have such great friends when we don't have family in town. We left Mandi's house with a new toy. James Thomas is walking around the whole house. Thanks Mandi! James Thomas also tried spaghetti for the first time today. He LOVES it and got it everywhere! It is a blast watching him try new things.

Good luck to all my teacher friends and mom who are going through TAKS this week! I know your kids will do great. I can't lie, I don't miss the stress of TAKS.

Love,





5 comments:

  1. AHHH!!! I love it:) Told Mark that I gave ya'll the walker and he says that you'll hate me in a few days once he's walking everywhere and into even more!!! And you left with a new toy and a black eye...Avery says sorry again James Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your procedure went well! Yay! Give James Thomas a big hug from us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay, I found your blog through other friends from Baylor. My husband and I both went to Baylor and one of my friends, Helen Lary, went to highschool with James. Anyways, I just want you to know that I am praying for James Thomas, James, and you. You're story has touched me and I can not imagine what your family is going through. You seem like such a strong mom and wife. Just know there is one more person out there praying.
    Love,
    Ashley Franks

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun that he's walking all around with the toy! Can't wait to see you both this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad that you read my story! It has definitely been one full of ups and downs. I have followed your blog and been praying for your sweet family since Elizabeth introduced me to it. James Thomas is precious! I'm so impressed with your follie count! If you ever have ANY questions or just need to chat you can always email me through my profile or through Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete