Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Check out our new buttons

A very dear friend of mine, Mrs. Amanda Yokum, just updated the praying for James Thomas and Luke buttons. What a special treat for us. I can't believe how much these boys have grown. It is amazing to watch them learn and try new things every day. Thank you Amanda for doing this. It means so much!

James and I really appreciate all the prayers. God is hearing the cry of His people and watching over us. James Thomas is on week 4 of his steroid trial and has shown a response thus far. 80% of DBA kids show a response initially, so now we get to the tricky part. Over the next few months we will lower James Thomas' dose. We need his body to still respond until we get to a long term, healthy dose. About 40% of DBA kids are able to do this. Please pray that James Thomas is in that group!!!!!

We are right in the middle of the IVF stuff. I am starting to get really anxious about there being a strong embryo that is an HLA match. All I can do is turn it over to God but boy am I nervous!!! Prayers in this area of our life would be greatly appreciated too.

Again, I know we wouldn't be in the place we are today if it weren't for all our faithful family, friends, and friends of friends covering us with prayer. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. praying for you my sweet friend! He is in control & sovereign in all things! we are praising Him for James Thomas' response! woowhooo James Thomas! love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet family is always in my prayers! I hope the IVF is going smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete